How to Automatically Hide Sections

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

As a teacher, I use software for writing report cards that I don’t need at other times of the year. So I have set up a separate user account on my Mac for that purpose. Yet I discovered something strange when I started up Tap Forms 5 this time — and I’m wondering how best to handle it.

I have something like 100 Saved Searches — one of for each student in various subjects. On my main user account, the Tap Forms document opens with all of the Sections Headings (A, B, C, etc.) hidden. Yet when I move the exact same document to the report-writing account, the Section Heading are visible in every single one of my Saved Searches. Turning them off manually would be a bit of a pain. Is there some way to do this automatically?

November 26, 2016 at 4:42 PM #20478

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s no function for turning the section headings off automatically. That setting is on a per document basis for the specific device. It’s not a synced setting.

November 26, 2016 at 7:51 PM #20482

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

Your note helped me find a solution! I was originally motivated to ask the question because it seemed like I had to change the Hide Sections for every single one of my Saved Searches. That would be a fair bit of tedious work because I have a whole lot of them.

When you wrote that this function is set “on a per document basis,” I tried Hiding Sections with the document name at the top of the Saved Searches window highlighted (instead of a single Saved Search). And it worked! : )

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.