How long till vs 1.8?C

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Jpok
    Participant

Can you please give us an estimated time of release? Like, sometime this month, sometime next month, etc?

Thanks!

August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM #3738

Brendan
    Keymaster

I would have to go with sometime next month. I am awaiting my classification ruling for my encryption. Plus I’m not quite finished a couple of the new features.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM #3739

Brendan
    Keymaster

P.S. I know I told some people via email that it would be released to Apple a week ago or so, but I can’t release anything until I get that US government ruling. I realize it’s it’s inconvenient for my customers not to have the new features and I apologize for that. Hopefully you will feel that it will have been worth the wait.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 14, 2009 at 4:13 AM #3762

ivan308
    Participant

Any update on a release date ?

I am eagerly awaiting fixes for Notes in landscape view and a fix for the sorting issues.

September 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM #3763

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ivan,

I will be submitting 1.8 to Apple for approval this week.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM #3768

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms 1.8 was submitted to Apple for approval yesterday, September 18th.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 1, 2009 at 10:59 AM #3779

sunshine
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

It’s great to finally have v1.8 installed. Love the new location field and audio field improvements. Most of all, its a huge relief to have the notes filed bug fixed. That one has been killing me. Just a thought, but it would be extremely useful to be able to hide and show the keyboard while editing notes, just like Apple’s notes app.

Cheers

S.

October 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM #3780

Jpok
    Participant

I agree with the above post. It would be nice to be able to hide and show the keyboard at will.

Thanks

October 2, 2009 at 2:36 AM #3781

Yee Kwong Min
    Participant

I like the new v1.8 feature of able to swipe to different forms without having to go back to list. However, the need to respond to the request of using my Current Location every time I use Tap forms is annoying. Anyway to disable it?

I like to request for a true pick list assocaited with a particular form as a field type. Currently, it need to be created and edited under “Tools”. Could this be incoporated in the future release?

Thanks and looking forwards for better releases.

October 3, 2009 at 5:40 PM #3784

Brendan
    Keymaster

The location is only asked for twice. Once you’ve launched the new version a 3rd time it will stop asking. That’s because I added the new location field type and the system initializes the location code at application startup. Although I don’t store the location until you tap the save button on the map view.

I have on my to-do list a feature request to add a relationship field type. I think this will do what you need in a more comprehensive way. But I don’t have a time frame on that as I am busy working on Tap Forms Mac. I will have a minor 1.8.1 release coming out soon to correct a few small bugs in 1.8.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.