How does TF store images? Does it link the the image in the Finder?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms How does TF store images? Does it link the the image in the Finder?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

When I used to use Bento it would get confused any time an imported image would get moved to another location and show broken link icons. I noticed with TP I could import an image and then delete it and it would still stay visible in the program. Does TP have another way of storing images from Bento? I hope it does since I wouldn’t have the frustration of broken links.

August 13, 2016 at 1:14 AM #18544

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, Tap Forms stores images inside the database itself. Well, not technically inside the database, but inside a folder along side the database. The image is encoded into a .blob file which is managed by the database. If you want to see them, you can right-click on your .tapforms document in the Finder and then select “Show Package Contents” and then navigate into the folder hierarchy until you see an “attachments” folder within the “db-…” folder. Note, there’s a separate “Attachments” folder along side the “db-” folder which is used to store aliases to files. It doesn’t get synced since it doesn’t make sense to sync aliases to files.

August 13, 2016 at 10:00 AM #18569

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

That’s great, I got so tired of having to keep relinking my Bento image files that I just gave up eventually.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.