How do you add a new field to an existing Form?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms How do you add a new field to an existing Form?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Linda Quinn
    Participant

I just download the Mac version of Tap Form last night, specifically to transfer my Bento libraries. I am having several problems (inconsistently blank fields in some records, images not making the import, not able to sync to iCloud), but since I am brand new to this I am sure everything will work out. However, on problem noticed is that my date field, which in Bento included the day of the week, do not include that format in Tap Form (Sunday, December 29, 2013). To compensate I want to add a new text field with the day of the week, but when I choose EDIT LAYOUT I don’t see a way to add a new field.

December 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM #8540

Jon Blackman
    Participant

Linda

I am also a new user, but this should help…

Select your database in My Forms, click Edit in the lower left corner, click Field Properties and then click the + sign in the lower left. The rest is fairly straightforward.

You create all of your fields in this area, and this creates the Default Layout. If you want to customize the layout, click the + button to the right of “Default Layout”. Then you can click Edit Layout to rearrange the fields that you have created.

December 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM #8545

Brendan
    Keymaster

FYI, in the next update, Tap Forms will also import the Date Created and Date Modified fields from a Bento library.

December 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM #8547

Linda Quinn
    Participant

Thanks for the input. I did figure out how to add a field. I guess I need to be more patient with myself instead of jumping in to post — and then working it out! Anyway, now my problems concern syncing. I’ll work on it some more and then post! Thanks again.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.