How do I sync Cloudant on iOS?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

The only cloud options I am getting on iOS are iCloud and Dropbox. I thought the latest iOS version synced with Tap Forms 5 which needs to sync with Cloudant?

August 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM #18489

grooveagent
    Participant

Maybe the original iOS tapforms will only sync over wifi? Not sure.

That being said, I bought the new tap forms for IOS and can’t see any options to sync over cloudant.

August 11, 2016 at 9:37 PM #18490

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

There is some new feature that I think lets you sync if the device is next to your computer. The trouble is I need to sync even when my two computers and phones are in different places. Hopefully iOS Cloudant support will come in a future version.

August 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM #18491

grooveagent
    Participant

You must be able to sync via cloudant with the new tapforms IOS app otherwise TapForms is taking a step backwards to the Bento days before cloud computing was mainstream.

August 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM #18493

tonyt
    Participant

Try tools / sync settings and select Cloud. You have to have set up a Cloudant account and also to have transfered your master database to your other device by sync nearby first, before setting up sync via Cloudant. There are loads of threads around explaining how to go about it.
    Also, if you are still seeing iCloud and Dropbox, I guess you have not upgraded to the latest IOS Tapforms?

August 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM #18497

grooveagent
    Participant

Yes, on the welcome screen of OSX tap forms you need to use the “send document to another device” function to transfer the tapforms file to your phone and you have to have tapforms open on your phone. Once it’s on the phone, open it and you will see the settings icon at the bottom like the old version where you can edit your sync settings. Enter your cloudant settings there. I tried it and records are updated in seconds. So far so good.

August 11, 2016 at 10:42 PM #18498

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

I didn’t realize that there was also a version 5 update for iOS as well. I grabbed the update but I couldn’t find tools / sync settings in the new version. The only sync nearby is on the Mac version but it doesn’t detect my phone.

August 11, 2016 at 10:51 PM #18500

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

I just synced over nearby but am now having problems signing into Cloudant. I signed in three times and yet nothing has worked yet.

August 12, 2016 at 2:27 AM #18509

Brendan
    Keymaster

Kip, check the password you’re using. There’s a small bug in Tap Forms which is causing a failed login within the app if you have any punctuation and symbols in your password and it’s greater than 17 characters. You would need to change the password in Cloudant in your Account Settings there and then use the same password in Tap Forms for Mac and iOS. I have just fixed this bug today and it will be in the next update. Until then, shorten your password and remove symbols.

August 12, 2016 at 9:33 AM #18522

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

Ok, at this point I will just wait for the next iOS update to come out.

August 12, 2016 at 12:38 PM #18529

David Gallant
    Participant

I’m having the same issues, but added a new problem while trying to troubleshoot. I seem to have fat fingered the password for my network sync. Is there any way to reset the passwords on IOS devices?

Also, I am having the same Cloudant issues others are having. I’ve reset everything to the recommended settings, still nothing.

Great tool, but the syncing issue needs to be resolved.

Thanks for any assist.

August 12, 2016 at 3:55 PM #18531

Kip Vaughan
    Participant

Brendan is this log in bug also a problem on the Mac? I haven’t been able to log in to Cloudant on my second Mac. So far only one Mac Successfully synced files over to Cloudant.

August 13, 2016 at 1:19 AM #18546

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, the login problem is also on the Mac version due to this bug. Specifically it’s due to an encoding bug. If you were to change your password on the Cloudant website in the Account Settings area to one that contains just letters, numbers, and dashes, then that would solve the problem. At least until I can get the next updates deployed.

Unfortunately when I attempted to deploy the next update, Apple’s iTunes Connect system we use for that is failing to allow me to save any of the what’s new notes or images due to some bugs in their new Media Manager for developers. Even Apple introduces bugs too. :) So I’m waiting for them to fix that before I can submit a new version. All developers are affected by this bug as far as I can tell because there’s lots of talk about it on their developer forums.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.