How do I move text up and down in field?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

John Maschinot
    Participant

How do I move text up and down inside fields so that the Field Title text and Field text line up? Screenshot attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 26, 2021 at 8:45 PM #45533

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Just unselect your elements (eg, click on some empty space) and then you can click on the text element and move it independently of the entry field.

October 26, 2021 at 11:54 PM #45535

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can use the arrow keys to nudge any layout object up, down, left, or right.

October 27, 2021 at 6:46 AM #45538

John Maschinot
    Participant

Daniel: I’m not finding a way to select the text independently of the field. In layout mode when I deselect a field and then try to select just the text, the field is always selected. Is there a keystroke involved?
    Brendan: Yes, I can use the arrow keys to nudge a field (including its text). But is there a way to select text within a field and nudge the text up and down?

October 27, 2021 at 8:48 AM #45539

Daniel Leu
    Participant

When I select a field, the text is not selected for me. I haven’t found a place where this could be configured. So I don’t know why you see a different behavior. @brendan?

October 27, 2021 at 9:47 AM #45540

John Maschinot
    Participant

For clarification’s sake: When you select a field (Click on it and the selection is indicated by the blue lines surrounding it), you can then move that field (by dragging or nudging w/ arrow keys) independent of the text? So the text stays in place, then you can move the text separately?
    Must be a setting that I have wrong?
    Thanks for your patience.

October 27, 2021 at 10:47 AM #45542

Daniel Leu
    Participant

For clarification’s sake: When you select a field (Click on it and the selection is indicated by the blue lines surrounding it), you can then move that field (by dragging or nudging w/ arrow keys) independent of the text? So the text stays in place, then you can move the text separately?

Yes, that’s correct.

I have no idea where this setting could be. So far, I haven’t found it.

Maybe this is a workaround for you:

By checking the Create Field Titles checkbox found below the Fields list in the Layout Inspection Panel, Tap Forms will automatically pair a label with the field dragged onto the canvas. Labels will take the default field name, but can be changed to your preference. You can also change the label’s font, size, color, and text alignment.

So you could disable the automatic generation of labels and add them as individual text fields. (Click on the ‘A’ icon on the top of the layout inspector panel.)

October 27, 2021 at 2:16 PM #45554

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s no setting that forces the label to be selected along with the field itself.

But you can always click on the Layers tab and then select the labels separately from the fields too.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.