Holy Frickin' Cow!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

tanseycg
    Participant

I just stumbled across Tap Forms and all I can say is WOW! I have been “developing” various database solutions for the last couple years and the simplicity of Tap Forms is wonderful. This is a great personal database solution that will become my goto app for quite some time.
    Probably my favorite part is that I can create a form on my iOS device and not be stuck behind a computer screen making sure all my fields line up. Here are some of my other favorite features:

iCloud sync…enough said! No need for crazy scripts or expensive/slow servers.

Dropbox integration – WOW! I can import any file from my dropbox directly into my form while on an iOS device…The only thing I could “attach” in the past was a photo, signature or other database file.

One-size-fits-all – I can create the form on any device (iPhone, iPad, Mac), and I don’t have to develop any special sauce to make it look good on a different device.

Linked forms – In the Db world, these are called “relationships” and are more difficult to maintain than a failing marriage! Using the simple, one-to-many and many-to-many concept is quite ingenious and refreshing.

One small caveat…my comments are directed toward personal or small group use. I would love to see a way to use dropbox sync for the form so other users can work from a shared folder. I am not sure if this is possible due to potential “conflicts”, but it sure would be a nice addition.
    I can’t wait to learn more about the app and it’s capabilities as I dig a little deeper into it (I’ve only been using it for a couple hours). Thanks for all the hard work and I can’t wait to see how Tap Forms evolves and improves over time!!!

September 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM #5414

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Tanseycg,

I’m glad you’re enjoying Tap Forms! It’s great to hear from people on how they’re using it.

Tap Forms currently requires iCloud to sync and that requires the same Apple ID on all devices. That could change in the future, but for now, it’s iCloud only.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.