Hide/show records

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

jonny B
    Participant

Hi all,

I think this is a feature request and it’s something i always found useful on FileMaker in the old days…

Please could we have a way to be able to exclude selected records from the found set, and also another to flip “found” with “hidden”, so you can then re-show records one by one.

This was a really useful feature i found, for instance when printing out a set to records, when you do a test one, and it works ok, you don’t want to print it out again, or delete it, so hiding it temporarily so you can print the rest is really handy.

Hope i explained that sufficiently, thanks in advance

jonny B

December 15, 2018 at 11:49 AM #32696

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jonny,

I’ve not had much of a chance to play around with FileMaker in order to see exactly how that feature works. But from the sounds of it, I’m not sure if the way I architected the database would support that without quite a bit of effort. But I’ll think about it.

October 20, 2020 at 7:30 PM #42328

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brendan,

Have you been able to look into the feasibility of something like this?

I am interested in this type of feature as well, as I’d like to be able to hide records from the normal view, but still keep the data, and use a command to view them for reference sake. For example, I still want to have information on home inventory items that have been sold/donated/etc.

Would it be possible to be able to either hide records or otherwise designate them as “archived”?

October 21, 2020 at 11:23 PM #42350

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ooops… I’m not sure who posted this response. But I think they got caught in my recent spat of spam user deletions. Sorry about that if whomever you are comes back.

October 21, 2020 at 11:24 PM #42351

Brendan
    Keymaster

But to answer your question, you can always use a Saved Search to filter out the records you don’t want to see. They’ll still be in the main form’s list of records, but not in the selected Saved Search’s list.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.