Hide fields based on search or similar?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Matt C
    Participant

I’d like to have one form that contains many different fields. However, I’d like some of these fields to be hidden depending on a search result or the content of another field.

This is so I can compile notes and information relating to a novel I’m writing. As these notes are expanded, their use and relevancy may change. And I’d like the form to be able to show information based on that change.

So if I decide that one note is character relevant, it will show the fields for character info. But if I then decide its location relevant, it would show the fields for locations instead.

I’ve looked at linking/joining tables, but that just seems to squash information for the linked form into a tiny table within the current form, and that is not helpful to my use case.

I also looked to see if fields could be shown/hidden based on search rules, but could not find a setting for this, which is a shame as it seems to be a good way to do this and the easiest to set up.

Does anyone have ideas for achieving this? Whatever the solution, it needs to work with the default form view — as that appears to be the only view available on iOS.

Thanks!

April 29, 2022 at 12:12 AM #47191

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

You can hide a field, but it’s at the form level, not the record level or field content level. Even if you add a Section Heading field, you can hide and show a group of fields below the section header, that’s still on a form basis and not on a record or field content basis. So right now it’s not possible to do what you want without it affecting every record in the form.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.