Hidden layout settings, form settings and other settings

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Hidden layout settings, form settings and other settings

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Pyromixer
    Participant

Will there be a special runtime version? I mean a “compiled” version of a database that the user can not change.

Or the ability to hide (and lock) in a database layout settings, form settings and other settings.

Example:

January 31, 2019 at 7:33 AM #33594

Pyromixer
    Participant

example

January 31, 2019 at 12:08 PM #33597

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Pyrometer,

If you click the Layout button to display the Layout Inspector panel and then click the Layers tab at the bottom-right, then you can lock the position of all of the layout objects. It won’t prevent anyone from deleting things, but it takes extra effort for them to select and delete or move layout objects. Doesn’t prevent them from deleting the entire layout, forms, fields, or records though.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 31, 2019 at 12:44 PM #33601

Pyromixer
    Participant

Hello Brendon.

Yes I know that. I would like to pass on the finished database to other people. (They have to buy tapforms before ;-)
    But these can then set everything wrong and I have to provide support.

May 6, 2021 at 1:39 AM #44298

Jaime Moreno
    Participant

I am also interested in a runtime-only version, so that I can provide an “app” in TapForms to others who cannot modify anything, just data. Such runtime would open a lot of opportunities for TapForms access by non-developers. It should be a low cost license.

May 7, 2021 at 9:41 PM #44320

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jaime,

You can lock a form down on the Mac version using the access controls so that nobody can customize the form settings.

But I don’t have a viewer only version of Tap Forms. Even if you lock down a specific form, the user can still create their own forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.