Help with simple Master/Detail

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

sigamy
    Participant

I want to create a form to track the amount of water I’m drinking.

Goal was to input the Date, then have the ability to input/log each individual consumption on that day and have the total caluclated and show on the form.

I’d like to use a picklist for picking a 20 ounce, 10 ounce, 17 ounce water.

I’ve created two forms and linked them. But when I create an entry in the “master” form and select 20 ounce, it adds another row to the other form. There is no need for this–I just need that form to act as a pick list along with summary calc.

I couldn’t see a way to do this one one form–I can have a picklist for the ounces but how do I allow the user to enter multiple entires for the single day. Also, how do I calc the total?

I hope someone can help.

September 28, 2016 at 1:22 PM #19833

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s no way to get multiple values in the same field that can also generate a total of the results without you using a Link to Form field.

One possibility might be for you to use multiple number fields in your form. Perhaps if you drink a maximum of 10 times in a day you would have 10 number fields to contain the amount you drink. Plus then you could also add a Calculation field which adds these all up. Then you could also have Tap Forms display the total of the Calculation field at the bottom of the records list view.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.