Ignore me! Help with setting up Cloudant Sync

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Ignore me! Help with setting up Cloudant Sync

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Alan Chapman
    Participant

Hi,

I’m following the instructions (I believe) to set up Cloudant.

I’ve set up the free account on Cloudant.

I’ve gone into a database/preferences and signed in to CLoudant in TapForms.

It appears to log in, but it does not create a database in the Cloudant service.

Any ideas? Help gratefully appreciated!

thanks
    Alan

November 25, 2016 at 12:13 AM #20464

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Hmm… It should definitely create the database for you in Cloudant when you click the Sign-In button in Tap Forms. That’s the first thing that Tap Forms does when you sign-in. If the database file already exists, it just generates an error and the error is ignored by Tap Forms.

I wonder if there are any other error messages displayed in the console log from Tap Forms? Can you launch the Console application and type Tap Forms into the search field there to see if there’s any error messages that appear at the moment you click the Sign-In button?

Thanks,

Brendan

November 25, 2016 at 9:55 AM #20467

Alan Chapman
    Participant

Hi, thanks for responding. I did get this working. I’m not sure why but I had to turn off “auto sync” the first time, and then “sync now” and it did create the database in Cloudant.

Thank you – great product by the way!

Alan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.