Help with database

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

partrg
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I’m having a problem with my simple database that I think occurred after switching from the Lite to full version. My default values for things such as date and my picklists are gone. If I try to edit my form to put these things back, then all of my old records don’t display properly. As my form is very simple I’ve tried just recreating a new form, but when I reimport the old records from a CSV file again they don’t display properly in the record list. Does anyone have a simple fix for me? I’m sure there’s an easy solution – I just haven’t been able to stumble across it!!

Many thanks

October 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM #7005

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Partrg,

Did you do the In-App purchase to go to the Full version or did you download the separate full version? Perhaps things disappeared on you because if you downloaded the full-version instead of the In-App purchase, then each app uses a different database instance. So it would appear to have made everything disappear. You can tell which version you’re running by the name under the icon on the Springboard. The lite version says “Tap Forms LT” and the full version says “Tap Forms”. Although even if you do the In-App upgrade purchase, the icon will still show “Tap Forms LT” as there’s no API for developers to rename an app after it has been installed on a device.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 28, 2013 at 4:31 AM #7097

partrg
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your reply. I’m now running the full version and I guess I bought it separately, rather than in-app, because it doesn’t say Tap Forms LT. Do you have any tips for me to get it working again?

Cheers

Gavin

October 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM #7102

Leo
    Participant

Gavin,

perhaps a backup from the lite version and a restore in the full version wil do the trick? You can find it under the tools tab.

Leo

October 28, 2013 at 6:52 AM #7103

partrg
    Participant

Thanks Leo, I actually just sorted it out after finding the instructions on how to customise a CSV file on my PC. I had trying do this before didn’t have the <> bits right and also had the wrong import settings for the date. All good now! Thanks for your help

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.