Help with a specific task

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

David Butler
    Participant

Hi all, I have had tap forms from the days of when I had a blackberry I think and contributed and paid for updates but only recently used the product in my estate agency work. I now record all property valuations on a daily basis with the vendor details.
    The problem I have is that I want to lift the vendor name, address, email and telephone numbers into a new form which will have other questions on it which once selected I will then email to the solicitor or financial advisor for a quote.
    What is the best way to do this ?

August 16, 2018 at 1:55 PM #30281

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’ve moved your question to the Using Tap Forms forum which is more relevant than being in the Template Exchange forum.

If you add a Link to Form field from your Vendor Details form to another form using the One to Many Link Type, then from that other form you can have Tap Forms display the Vendor details there. At least the first x number of fields from the Vendor Details form.

Make sure you enable the “Show Inverse Relationship” function on the Link to Form field on the Vendor Details form. That’ll cause Tap Forms to automatically create a Link From Form on your child form pointing back to the Vendor Details form. So then when you look at a record in your other form, the associated vendor information will display.

Hope that makes sense.

An example of this kind of relationship is the Clients sample form which links to the Client Call Log. If you look at an individual Client Call Log record, you can see which Client that record is related to.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 19, 2018 at 11:33 PM #30307

David Butler
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, I have got the conveyancing form and when I click the record I want it shows me the first two lines from the valuation form. If I click the right arrow it puts the whole form in which I don’t want?
    How do I get the first five fields from the val form ?

August 20, 2018 at 8:19 AM #30308

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You have to go to the parent form and set the Single Column List View Fields value to 5 to do that. Then when you’re looking at the child record, the linked parent record will show 5 fields worth of data.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.