Help: Transferring Forms from Lite Version to Full Version

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Help: Transferring Forms from Lite Version to Full Version

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

singlouder
    Participant

Hi. Do I have to recreate the forms I made in the Lite version now that I’ve bought the Full version? I don’t have WIFI access at the moment either. Thanks!

January 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM #3892

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Singlouder,

Basically there are two ways to convert from the Lite to the full version:

1. Do a backup using SyncDocs from the Lite version. Then launch the full version and restore using SyncDocs. See my support page for further information on using SyncDocs.

2. Export your forms as CSV files in the Lite version (by selecting the Export Records button from the action menu on the record list view for your forms). Then turn on the WebDAV server in the full version and upload your CSV files via your web browser. Then on the Files tab, tap the newly uploaded file(s) and proceed with the import option.

However, both methods require a WiFi connection. I don’t know of any other way to do it without a WiFi connection.

Well, there’s always copy and paste, but that might take a while going back and forth between versions.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 22, 2010 at 2:36 AM #3910

MarkFutch
    Participant

Hmm I’ve tried that. It backs up o.k. from the lite version (4 records backed up) but upon importing to the full version it restores 0 records! Any ideas? I’m presuming when and if this works, it will restore everything including the password?

Thanks,

Mark

January 22, 2010 at 2:41 AM #3911

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

Ok, I’m assuming you mean you tried option #2 since the Backup & Restore function doesn’t indicate how many records were restored. Check your import settings on the full version and make sure they match the export settings on the lite version. Make sure the encoding and delimiter is set appropriately. At this point in time, date/time values won’t import. But I”m working on a solution to that.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 22, 2010 at 2:47 AM #3912

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh right. I forgot that it says how many files were restored, not how many records. So I’m not sure if you used option 1 or option 2. In any case please give it a go again.

My next version will make restoring a little more robust. If there’s an error, it will tell you and it doesn’t do a restore in-place like the current version. If everything goes ok with the restore to a temporary location, the files get moved into place over the old ones. This also has the benefit of clearing out old files from the Files tab in case you’re restoring from a backup that didn’t have some of the files there. It’s more exact than it is now.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.