Help Please

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

stephen dunn
    Participant

I used to have a reasonably good data base manager that shared between my mc and my ipad (bento) But that is no longer supported. I bought Tap Forms because the reviews were good and it was a good replacement, better in a lot of ways. Since upgrading to Mavericks and IOS8 i have been unable to sync Tap Forms. I now have Yosemite and I am still unable to sync tap forms, My mac looks nothing like the screen shots in the various instructions. Can anybody send me simple instructions for a database – any data base – i am willing to pay good money – that I can sync between a mac and a couple of iPads. I would like to use Tap Forms as I have already paid for it and made up forms for it but I am quite prepared to cut my loses and ditch it as I haven’t been able to use the sync for over a year. I dont care how it works or what is not up to date. I just need a working syncable database. Any advise.

November 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM #12057

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Stephen,

Mavericks an iOS 8 wouldn’t sync together because Mavericks doesn’t support iCloud Drive. But you now have Yosemite, so it should sync. What have you tried to get sync to work? Have you watched the online demonstration of the iCloud sync process? Do you see all of your devices listed in the list of Registered Devices on the iCloud sync screen on your Mac and iOS devices?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 1, 2014 at 12:09 AM #12060

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Stephen, have you activated iCloud Drive since upgrading to Yosemite?

December 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM #12129

stephen dunn
    Participant

Thank you Brendan and Thank you Colleen,
    I went through all the steps several times and could never see a list of registered devices – each devise would only list itself. I tried turning of and on again and following the steps again. deleting and reloading the apps and re-setting up. One day I turned it on to try again and it was all working fine from the off. I think that it is to do with the order in which I followed the steps but I am afraid I went through it so many times in different ways that I don’t remember what order I followed to get it working. All I can add to this thread is that Tap Forms does work with OS8 and Yosemite, the tips and advise on this thread do work but you may have to try a few times. It seems that Yosemite may be fussy about the order in which the synching is set up. I am about to set up my partner’s iPad to sync with the same Mac so if i discover what i did right i will post it hear. In the mean time – Thank you Brendan and Colleen.
    Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.