Help creating a Database for My Daughters Fundraiser Concession Stand

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Help creating a Database for My Daughters Fundraiser Concession Stand

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yvette M
    Participant

Hi. My daughters soccer team got invited to a tournament in Florida in June and seeing how we live in Las Vegas, NV., this is going to cost a great deal for our whole team to get there.

We started a weekly concession stand that we run on Saturdays to make some money. Today will be the second week of it and I am trying to keep track of our sales/ inventory but I don’t know what to do to show new purchases of our supplies.

I just made a spreadsheet for the first week. Totally cluttered, not efficient, but the data is stored.

If I post that spreadsheet, could someone please help me to change it into a functioning database that I could continue forward with today. I have more new supplies to add, repurchases of old supplies, and then we will have this weeks sales at the end of today.

Thanks in advance,
    Yvette

Ps my spreadsheet is a mess!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Yvette M.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 15, 2023 at 10:02 AM #48909

Glen Forister
    Participant

The experts seem to be busy, so I’ll chime in here.
    Your solution will require adding the results in one record with results from the following record to get totals at the bottom of your spreadsheet. I know that can’t be done without lots of javascript programming which is much harder that tracking with a spreadsheet. If I’m wrong, I’m sure somebody will correct me. Look at my postings for examples. They have helped me, but that was a simple solution compared to yours I think. If not you can look at the script they provided for me to add up daily rain totals to get a yearly summation.

February 15, 2023 at 4:10 PM #48920

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s no need for scripting just to get totals. You can just set the Calculation Summary option on all the fields you want to get a total for to appear at the bottom of the records list.

I haven’t had time to write the form for you Yvette. Sorry about that. But I would suggest starting with just creating the form as you have it now in the spreadsheet. Just add the fields one by one setting the field types appropriately. Then set the Group Records By option to Category and the First Sort Field to whatever the next level of sorting it is that you want. Probably the Name field.

Then set the Calculation Summary setting for each of your Number fields. Or click the symbol at the bottom of the Multi-Column List View to turn on the Calculation Summary Row. Now you can click the popup buttons to have Tap Forms generate totals for you.

To see sub-totals for each category, just enable the Show Group Summaries option available from the little menu button that appears at the top-right of the multi-column list view.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.