Grouping records into folders or groups

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Marshall DeCouto
    Participant

I have a long list of records. There are different records, organised by a two digit number. Can I make folders each for them (eg: 11, 22, 33, etc) to avoid having to scroll through a massive list

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 13, 2020 at 5:16 AM #39557

tonyt
    Participant

You could use a saved search for each digit pair? So, data field name ‘contains’ 11
    data field name ‘contains’ 12
    And so on…

February 13, 2020 at 5:19 AM #39558

Marshall DeCouto
    Participant

Could you explain your solution to me a bit more clearly? I am not fluent in this software. Can you step by step it for me? Many thanks!

February 13, 2020 at 8:35 AM #39559

tonyt
    Participant

On a Mac..
    Does this help?

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/searching

In the example where it says genre, select the field name you have used to hold the two digit pair record. Save your search as 11. Create another one and name it 12 and so on. The saved searches will appear below your form name in the left hand forms window.

If this doesn,t, let us know.

February 13, 2020 at 1:25 PM #39562

Brendan
    Keymaster

Marshall,

You could tell Tap Forms to group your records by that field and then you could jump more quickly to that section if Saved Searches are not the right approach for you. There’s a little button at the top-right of the records list view which contains the index of section headings. If your records are grouped into sections then you can quickly jump from one section to another that way.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.