Grouping has a few records not in group.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

orourkejim
    Participant

I have a database of cards like Visa’s or drivers license or loyalty cards. When a card is updated with a new one I duplicate the existing one then check the archived field of the original and update the duplicated one to the current information and then take photo front and back.

I have Grouped records by the archived field.

For some reason I have four records that show up in a second Archived (not checked) group. All the other records are fine. Looking at the records their is no obvious difference. Can you help?

I would send file but my credit cards and many other important cards are in the file.

July 14, 2021 at 1:16 AM #44791

Brendan
    Keymaster

Does the form that you are grouping your records with have the private data? Or is it a separate form? If it’s a separate form then you could use the Export Tap Forms Archive command to email that to me at support@tapforms.com. It would contain only the data from the selected form and none of the other forms, unless they’re linked to the one you’re exporting.

But as a test, try grouping the records by a different field and then switch it back to the original field. Does that fix the problem?

July 14, 2021 at 11:54 AM #44799

orourkejim
    Participant

I tried before posting, grouping by different field then back, also changing the name of the field and duplicating one of the records and nothing worked.

I tried today to export the records then duplicated the form and imported the records and that appears to fix it. I will try to add a new record and see if their is still a problem and post back.

August 9, 2021 at 1:26 PM #44942

orourkejim
    Participant

Sorry it took so long to get back. Unexpected Brain surgery. I created another database of something else and it worked fine but when I added a few records that I had a grouping on archived and some came up in another archived group with no apparent difference other than the archived check box.

I also found out that when I duplicated the card database to fix the archived issue none of the photos in the front and back photo fields carried over to the duplicate database. I do not see that as a duplicate if it won’t copy everything. This may be a whole different issue.

Thanks for your reply.

August 14, 2021 at 12:34 AM #44963

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you add new records, grouping won’t happen until you visit another form and then go back into that form or if you click on the Refresh Records button. Or on iOS, pull down to refresh on the records list screen.

As for the duplicate document command, Tap Forms just duplicates the entire .tapforms document folder and assigns it a new internal Document ID. That will copy all of the photos and everything inside that document.

Were you using the Duplicate Document command or the Duplicate Form command? There’s a big difference between the two.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.