getting the latest entries

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hi,

how can I setup a smart search that would deliver the latest records that have been added to a form, let’s say all records added last week, last month or all records added after date x!?

Cheers
    Yogie

October 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM #6877

Yogie
    Participant

I sorted this out as follows as I did not find any option by record number or dated added / modified for a record.

So I used a date column that I have had already at my form and established a new search which has options to look for dates upon/before/beyond a specific date which works fine for me.

October 9, 2013 at 5:05 AM #6883

Leo
    Participant

> So I used a date column that I have had already at my form and established a new search which has options to look for dates upon/before/beyond a specific date which works fine for me.
    <

Can you tell me how you did this?

October 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM #6884

Yogie
    Participant

at the Mac version if you start a search (1) there is a options bar appearing next to save there is an icon you can click (2) on if you do so you get another options bar where you can select the column and parameters here I’ve chosen a date column and a date to filter the records (3)

October 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM #6886

Leo
    Participant

Thanks. Only visible after the first search. You’ll have to know it then.

Leo

October 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM #6899

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo and Yogi,

My next update to Tap Forms will have a separate button next to the Search field which will display the advanced search options. So you won’t have to type in a search term first. The reason it works the way it does now is because I modelled it after the way the Finder works. You don’t get to the advanced search options until you first type in a search term into the Finder’s search field. But it turns out that’s not a good model. So it will be much better in the next update.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.