Getting rid of iPad

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi

I am selling my old iPad and getting a new one. What should I do, and how, to remove the old iPad from the sync system and registered list and then add the new one. On my Mac I have an option called ‘License’ where I can deactivate it. Presumably that is just for that device. I can’t see anything similar on the iPad.

Cheers……

April 22, 2019 at 8:52 PM #34521

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, there’s no license keys for the iOS version or any App Store version of Tap Forms. Apple handles all of that.

If you’re using Nearby sync, then you’ll want to remove that iPad from all your devices on the Nearby sync settings screen.

Otherwise there’s nothing you really have to do.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM #34522

tonyt
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, so there is no limit to the number of devices I can have using Tapforms on Macs Nd on Ios? I thought there was, but my mistake!
    Cheers….

April 23, 2019 at 1:52 AM #34523

Brendan
    Keymaster

On Macs it’s up to 3 devices. You can deactivate a license on the Licenses window under the Tap Forms Mac 5 menu. Then you can use the license key on a different Mac.

But there’s no such limitation on iOS. Although I thought at one point it was 5, set by Apple. I can’t remember.

April 25, 2019 at 11:10 AM #34543

tonyt
    Participant

Hi
    Am I OK to restore from old iPad backup in terms of having Tapforms App on new iPad and also data, sync settings, etc? Or is it best to set up new iPad as a new device, download Tapforms app to iPad and use send document to get data to new iPad?
    Cheers…

April 25, 2019 at 11:17 AM #34545

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think it might depend on how many apps and things you’ve got on your iPad. Setting up as new doesn’t copy over settings and things from apps. Although Tap Forms stores settings within each document.

It’s really up to you.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.