Getting .ics file from created calendar event

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk Getting .ics file from created calendar event

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hello,

i have created a date event with Utils.addToCalendar. Is it possible to get the .ics file of the created event to be stored in TF (that file one could double-click to view/check the event in macos calendar)? Or how do I get only the link to the new calendar entry? Could it be build with the ‘identifier’?

Thanks.
    Chris

November 2, 2020 at 2:51 AM #42482

Chris Ju
    Participant

Ok, another “problem” comes up, if an calendar event was created on TF for iOS it isn’t possible to update the event with TF for Macos (or vice versa), because the “identifier” isn’t unique…

Could that be solved? Maybe as a workaround with the .ics file, because with the .ics the event opens on Macos and iOS…

Thanks.
    Chris

November 2, 2020 at 2:34 PM #42485

Chris Ju
    Participant

I wonder where TF is getting the event identifier from with var identifier = Utils.addToCalendar (event_info, start_date, end_date);

So far as is can see the identical IDs from the event are not used. For example from: ~ / Library / Calendars / 4CCDBB40-4F60-4F84-A247-39351C54F2DF.caldav / 2D16A2F7-B93D-44DE-A72F-57900E239B2C.calendar / Events / 60D210EF-83A1-40 -980D-FF5AD1B0CF73.ics

It would also be useful, if one can delete an event with Utils.update... … So far, you can simply move the event to a “trash calendar” …

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.