FYI to all users: Upgrading iOS device to iOS8 – VERY IMPORTANT!!

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms FYI to all users: Upgrading iOS device to iOS8 – VERY IMPORTANT!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

I just wanted to clear up some confusion about upgrading your iOS device to iOS8. I have successfully upgraded my phone and iPad to IOS8 with no syncing issues whatsoever.

To have the same success, it is VERY IMPORTANT that when you upgrade your device that you DO NOT UPGRADE TO ICLOUD DRIVE, just decline by opting for the “NOT NOW” button. This is a prompt screen soon after the update has completed on your device.

It will basically assure your phone to continue syncing through iCloud and not iCloud drive (which requires Yosemeti, not out for another month)

September 17, 2014 at 9:14 PM #10830

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, this is correct. Although during the beta period, some people had their iCloud accounts automatically upgraded to iCloud Drive. Not sure if that was by accident or what, but it effectively disabled syncing with Mavericks and iOS 7.

So once you upgrade to iCloud Drive, you will have to be using iOS 8 and Yosemite (OS X 10.10).

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.