Formulas will only be calculated once in tables

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Formulas will only be calculated once in tables

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Pyromixer
    Participant

When I generate a calculation field in a table, then the formula will only be calculated once time. I need a calculationfield for my workings hours. My formula for this field: Worksend – Worksbegin (both are time fields hh:mm)

First time everything is OK. But when I change my worksend time then tapforms makes no new calculation for my workhours.

But: When I open the EDIT Modus (Edit tables, edit calculation) for the formular and close this window, then are all fields are new calculated.

March 3, 2018 at 1:37 AM #27593

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you please email me your form template so I can test it out with your form configuration?

March 5, 2018 at 9:09 PM #27665

Allan Honey
    Participant

Brendan –

Continuing on this thread – When I create a Table I’m using the “Copy Field to Table…” which has the note “Tap Forms will copy values from the selected records based on matching field titles”

Fine, I copy the data from another Form via the ‘pop-up’ – all good.

But then I take changes in that source form and the data in the Table doesn’t update. Again fine because its clearly stated the data is a “copy”.

So in attempt to get updated data I use the “Copy Field to Table…” and selected the same field (with updated data).

But what I get another copy of the field name but there’s no data AND the original data in the original field hasn’t been updated.

Is there a way to update data in a Table?? Obviously using a ‘One to Many” solves this but then I lose the ability to have custom fields private to the Table.

– Frustrated Kiwi

March 5, 2018 at 11:49 PM #27667

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Allan,

Think of that function on the Table field as a Pick List on steroids. Tap Forms simply copies the data only when you select the records.

Adding another field will not copy the data from that field in to the Table field. Copying a field from another form into the Table field is just a quick way to let you create the fields. I also added that feature because Tap Forms uses the names of the matching fields to know what values to copy to the Table. There’s essentially no connection between the records in the Table field and the records in the form they were copied from.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.