formatting time and time calculation fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms formatting time and time calculation fields

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

gofer2
    Participant

Brenden,

[mac 5.0.9 (build 15730]

I have been having a real hard time trying to keep my time fields properly formatted. I get a field set up and working properly, leave Tap Forms for a while (with or without closing program) and come back to see my field all messed up: instead of 02:40 i get something like 262975:40.The problem is erratic as it goofs up my fields in one record and not another. Please look at the screen shots I have attached. Can you see anything amiss?

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 12, 2016 at 11:18 PM #20367

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try switching those Time fields temporarily to Date & Time fields to see if the date portion are actually on the same date. That could explain the large numbers if they’re not.

November 13, 2016 at 10:03 AM #20369

gofer2
    Participant

Brendan,

Sorry I misspelled your name in earlier post.

I did as you suggested–see Wiley-dateTime.png. Notice the default date time in fields Time 2 begin and time 2 end.

I then changed the two fields back to time fields got the error again; see Wiley-dateTime-4.png.

Thanks for your help!

Jim

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 13, 2016 at 11:46 AM #20373

Brendan
    Keymaster

Interesting. Would you be able to email me your form template (.tff file) so I could experiment with it?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.