Form gone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hans
    Participant

Hope someone can help me out, its a big problem for me!

I have a setup with several related forms. Suddenly one of the forms disappeared in my forms list. When I click on an related item in another form I get the data in the (disappeared) form in an underlaying form. All the fields from the disappeared form are there and even can edit the data.
    I have a backup, but made several structural additions after that.
    Any idea’s how to get back the form?

January 30, 2020 at 2:29 AM #39389

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

If you switch to the All Forms list, do you see the missing form? It could be the form has been marked as Hidden. There’s a setting for that on the Customize Form screen.

Alternatively, if you email me a backup, I can dig into the database and restore it for you.

Send to support@tapforms.com

Thanks,

Brendan

January 30, 2020 at 4:42 AM #39392

Hans
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

Thanks for your quick response. In the meantime I did some research and found the form using the function “recover deleted items” (don’t know if I translated it right, I’m using the Dutch version). I could recover it, had to do some renaming and to redo the related fields but the data still were there. So things are ok for now.

To prevent this a backup doesn’t do the whole job I read… the templates are not in backups right?

I’m setting up a template-form with the idea to share it with others. The risk is that others who are not used to the UI delete things accidentally so I want to understand the possibilities to repair accidents…. :-)
    Maybe it is possible to secure things, most ideal would be a runtime version where others cannot maintain forms etc.

January 30, 2020 at 7:57 AM #39393

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If you’re running a recent version, there are per form access controls available that can limit what people can do with a form.

January 31, 2020 at 1:43 AM #39399

Hans
    Participant

Oh great, did find that option! Thanks for all your help.

January 31, 2020 at 3:12 AM #39403

Brendan
    Keymaster

Backups do backup the entire document including everything you see in every form. All the Backup function does is zips the .tapforms document and gives it a name and timestamp. Nothing more, nothing less.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.