Form for Tracking Health Symptoms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Paula Breger
    Participant

Hi, all. I’ve been using Tap Forms for a while now to keep track of bill and doctor visits, but I want to try something a little more complicated (to me, at least). I checked for templates, but couldn’t find anything that seemed similar to what I’m trying to accomplish.

I’m looking to create a database to replace an old iPhone app that tracked my health symptoms, medications, pain levels, etc. Ideally, each record would cover one day and would allow me to specify various symptoms (and the times they occur), medications (and the times I take them) and other pertinent information, such as the weather or other triggers, treatments, etc. I can create pick lists for things like symptoms, triggers, treatments, and medications, but I’m wondering whether I can attach a time stamp to each one. So my entry for today might show a headache at 4pm, with Advil at 4:15; knee pain at 11am, with ice at 11:30. Something along those lines.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Paula

October 16, 2019 at 6:34 PM #37176

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paula,

I think you could accomplish this with a couple of forms. One form to represent the days and another to represent the symptoms, treatments, etc.

The Days form would obviously have to have the date on it but you might also want to put some other information on it too, such as general notes about how you’re feeling, what you did that day, etc.

Then, your Symptoms form would have the timestamp, symptom, treatment, etc. on it.

Now on the Days form, add a Link to Form field which links to your Symptoms form.

That way, for each day you’ll be able to see a list of symptoms, treatments, etc. and the times they occurred during that day.

Hope that makes a bit of sense.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 16, 2019 at 9:16 PM #37184

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If you’re feeling a little more adventurous, I created a sample form over in the scripting forum that uses a Link to Field “JOIN” type and some scripting to automate some of the work. You can pick up the form template and load it into an existing document to see how it works for you. It’s similar to Brendan’s idea above and you can sort of treat it that way as well if you want.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.