Form disappeared and is not in “All Forms”

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Form disappeared and is not in “All Forms”

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Maria Ivanova
    Participant

Hello.

I opened a database and didn’t find the form. It’s just empty and it doesn’t have anything to do with categories. Though, the size of the database didn’t change and when I open database file in a text editor I see that it has all the entries. But the form is gone for good.
    One idea that I have is that I accidentally removed the name of the form and closed the file. I’m certain I didn’t delete the form.
    How to get it back?

Version 5.0.7 (Build 1552)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 1, 2021 at 12:57 PM #45886

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

5.0.7 is a really old version so I’m not sure if you’d have it but there should be an option in the File menu to “Recover Deleted Items” that was added some time in 2017, not sure what version it was back then though. That might be able to recover the form for you.

December 1, 2021 at 10:31 PM #45892

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh boy. Versions before 5.1 had a problem with database file corruption due to a bug in SQLite in macOS. I helped the SQLite team figure out a solution at the time. That was years ago.

It’s possible the database file has simply become corrupted.

The only solution would be to email me a new backup of the document and I can inspect the underlying database to see if that’s the case.

Or restore to a recent backup that still has your form.

And please upgrade to the latest Tap Forms 5.3.23 version.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 2, 2021 at 10:41 AM #45903

Maria Ivanova
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. It’s on a Mac at my work, not my personal. I guess, it would be easier to restore from a backup.

I tried updating the app but the newer versions don’t work with our system version. And we cannot update it currently.

Is there a way to get older Tap Forms back?

December 2, 2021 at 11:27 AM #45906

Maria Ivanova
    Participant

Ok. I found a newer version (5.1.4) that would work on our system, and now it shows forms that were renamed to an “empty” name! I got the form back. Cool.

December 2, 2021 at 8:48 PM #45921

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

What version of MacOS is it using? Apple menu > About this Mac should tell you what version you’re on.

December 3, 2021 at 3:15 AM #45924

Brendan
    Keymaster

FYI, Tap Forms 5.1.4 was the last version of Tap Forms 5 that worked on El Capitan.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.