Font type and size changes in comments

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Bruce Senior
    Participant

Font type and sizes change sporadically in my comments (text) field. Most often, the result is that helvetica will be replaced by an apple system font. Now I’ve just installed the latest build (1807) after my previous version would no longer open, crashing with every attempt. My OS was 10.11.6 El Capitan so 1807 required me to upgrade in my attempt to access my records once again. I went to 10.13.6 High Sierra and after importing my old file, all of my comments seem to be in 18 point. I can change them one at a time but would rather have an easier all-purpose fix for my 3500 records.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong, please?

Another maybe related mystery is that when I move my Tap Forms record to my 2nd monitor after making some changes, the changes disappear. When I move the window back to the main monitor, the changes I’d made reappear. I’ve not seen this behavior in any other program I use although it’s not something I would typically be checking for.

December 8, 2018 at 1:02 PM #32509

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

There was an issue that cropped up yesterday that caused the older 5.1.4 version of Tap Forms not to launch due to an expired certificate. I created a new build of it that used a new certificate that launches properly now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6zz9b4ljphdsuo/Tap%20Forms%20Install%205.1.4-new-cert.dmg?dl=0

But I’m glad you were able to update to the latest build of Tap Forms.

As for the font size issue. Go to the Default Layout click on your Note field, then change the font size of your content there. Then click on the Apply to All Records button. Tap Forms will update all records for that field with the font size you chose.

That’s very strange about the content disappearing on your other monitor. I only have my MacBook Pro with just the built-in screen, so I’ve never seen this happen before.

December 8, 2018 at 6:13 PM #32520

Bruce Senior
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Brendan. The font size changes worked but alas, bolding, italics, etc that I’ve been tweaking for some time for the sake of rapid readability are all gone now. I’ll have to start over.

As to the update, every time I open Tap Forms now, I get the Finnish Sample window and have to separately open my database. And that database has been included in the original samples window from the first time I imported from Bento a couple years ago. Is there an easy way to simply have my databases (3) open without them being included in the samples?

Sorry for the naive questions :)

December 9, 2018 at 2:09 PM #32552

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

Just remove the Samples International folder and when you launch Tap Forms the Finnish one won’t open. Tap Forms will re-open any documents that have been left open the next time you quit. But the Finnish samples one I think has the same internal Document ID as the English Samples document, so that’s why that one opened up. Tap Forms uses the internal Document ID to figure out which file to open.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 14, 2018 at 7:51 AM #32662

Bruce Senior
    Participant

Guess I should’ve figured that out. Thanks for the quick reply.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.