Flexible lay-out options…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Rob F
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just started using TF. One of the things I noted in my research for a Mac DB app was a review on Macworld, written last year, to which a reply was given to the effect work was underway to allow users more flexibility with positioning of fields on the forms, sizes of fields, responsiveness to window size, etc. Can I ask if these features are coming?

Thank you, Rob

July 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM #10524

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Since that article I have finished adding a custom layout editor to Tap Forms for Mac. You can create as many customized layouts as you like per form. I am also working on a label engine which builds upon the custom layout editor.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 22, 2014 at 3:36 AM #10541

Rob F
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thank you. I’ve had a go customising my first lay-out but I can’t seem to get the field names to populate through with the fields, i.e. “Name” field just has the box within which to write the name, but no “Name” descriptor to the side of it?

Thanks for your patience :)

Rob

July 22, 2014 at 9:51 AM #10543

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Rob

In Edit Form mode, at the bottom of the Fields and Layers box there is a check box which says Create Label. Check this, then when you drag the field to your layout – both the field name box and the field data box are created. Hope this helps
    Cheers
    tony

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.