Find Form – Find Next?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

I was experimenting with the Find Form search field that appears at the bottom-left of the window. Two of my forms are named “Sandbox” and “Sandbox2”. If I type “sand” into the search field followed by Enter or Return, Tap Forms will jump to the first form that contains that string, and clear the search field.

But there doesn’t seem to be a way to find any subsequent forms that also match the search string. If I reenter the same search string, Tap Forms stays on the first match. Command-G (the usual Find Next shortcut) didn’t work. I also tried separating Sandbox and Sandbox 2 with several intervening forms, and starting out the search while currently on a form that was in between the two sandboxes. Tap Forms still circled back up to the first match.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Mike

September 21, 2017 at 2:17 PM #24741

Brendan
    Keymaster

I don’t think you’re missing anything. It’s not a super advanced find system. But it could probably use a bit of TLC.

September 21, 2017 at 3:17 PM #24745

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

It might be useful if it worked the same as the simple search for records: as you type in the Find Form search field, the list of forms winnows down and shows only the forms that match the search term.

A related nice-to-have feature would be to enhance the labeling. For example, the list of records for my recipe database says that I have 53 records. When I type “sugar” in the search field, it then says that I have 27 records. It would reinforce what’s going on if instead it would say “27 found records”. Likewise, when I search my forms for “sandbox” it would change from “18 forms” to “2 found forms”.

Thanks,
    Mike

September 21, 2017 at 3:58 PM #24746

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah, that’s a great idea!

I think I tried the winnowing feature, but for some reason it didn’t work on that view, so I disabled it. I’ll take another crack at it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.