Find and Replace

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

1Levite
    Participant

I see that in the menubar there is: Edit> Find>Find and Replace

I may be dense, but after experimenting and viewing videos and searching the forum, I cannot find a description of Find/Replace functionality in Tap Forms. Finding and setting up search criteria is no problem—it’s the replacing that has me puzzled.

October 17, 2013 at 11:01 AM #6956

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s just an automatic menu item which the operating system puts in there. It works when you’re editing a Note field.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM #8853

CHRIS DRUMM
    Participant

So it has to be a note field and not a text field? Can I convert from Text to Note? What’s the difference? I have a zillion gobbledygook characters from having to import as Text. It would be nice to be able to globally find/replace.

January 21, 2014 at 8:00 PM #8854

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

The gobbledygook you speak of was probably due to a file encoding mismatch during the import. Tap Forms needs to know the proper encoding of the file before you import it. I often just drag a file onto TextWrangler and it tells me what the file encoding is at the bottom of the window. Then I set Tap Forms to that.

You can convert safely between Text and Note fields. Note fields give you a popup window which will let you edit the text. You can do find and replace in there, but it’s only for that one value.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.