Fields with stroke outline not printing out correctly

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Fields with stroke outline not printing out correctly

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

David Millward
    Participant

Hi, since I recently updated to 5.3.27, my fields with a stroke outline that are adjacent are not printing out properly. They are aligned like a table on my invoice form layout and look fine in the app but when printed out they are showing two overlapping or separate lines as opposed to one. Please see the screenshots attached.

First screenshot is within the app.
    Second is how it looked when printed out before I updated the app.
    Third screenshot is how it is printing out now after the app update.

Hope you can help, all the best, David

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 19, 2022 at 11:35 AM #47134

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like I have to do a little bit of tweaking to the stroke size when printing.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 19, 2022 at 12:02 PM #47136

David Millward
    Participant

Thank you Brendan :-)

April 19, 2022 at 2:52 PM #47137

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Would you be able to email me your form template so I can use that as a basis for the tweaking I must do? I should have asked before.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 20, 2022 at 8:03 AM #47142

David Millward
    Participant

Hi Brendan, form template attached. Hope this is what you needed?

All the best David

Attachments:
    April 20, 2022 at 6:04 PM #47145

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the template David. I just had to modify my code to contract the rectangle by a single point. Next update will have the fix.

April 21, 2022 at 6:38 AM #47156

David Millward
    Participant

Thank you very much Brendan. Great support!

All the best David

April 25, 2022 at 9:50 PM #47164

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Would you like to try this beta version to see if it’s working the way you expect now?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69ygruenwfpixj4/Tap%20Forms%20Beta%20%282248%29.app.zip?dl=1

Thanks,

Brendan

April 27, 2022 at 7:25 AM #47178

David Millward
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I just tried the beta and unfortunately it doesn’t fix the issue and introduces another, please see the screenshots attached.

The .png logo is enlarged and the double table lines are still there although slightly different.

All the best David

Attachments:
    April 27, 2022 at 11:56 PM #47181

Brendan
    Keymaster

Did you perhaps adjust the table view to compensate for the mismatched borders in the old version? Because if you did that, then yes, the update would then cause an issue like this.

I see the image issue now though. Sorry that I missed that one before. I’ll fix it now.

April 28, 2022 at 1:19 AM #47185

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, can you try this version please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyvwtlqqnezs74i/Tap%20Forms%20Beta%20%282249%29.app.zip?dl=1

It should fix the image scaling issue.

But it doesn’t change the borders issue. I checked that again with your template above and it printed properly.

April 28, 2022 at 4:35 AM #47186

David Millward
    Participant

Hi Brendan, thank you. strangely, that has actually fixed the table for me when printing. So that’s great, thank you.

However, the .png is displaying smaller than it was in the first beta when printing to pdf, but it’s a little larger than the original. Please see the original in app screenshot and the pdf screenshot so you can see what I mean.

All the best David

Attachments:
    April 29, 2022 at 12:08 AM #47190

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… I see. Just a teeny bit larger. Probably the padding around the image for the resize handles being used when printing.

April 30, 2022 at 8:03 AM #47200

David Millward
    Participant

Hi Brendan, yes it’s only a little bit off.

All the best David

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.