Fields gone missing.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Dale Peterson
    Participant

I have a fairly simple DB that I use to keep track of items that I’ve sold from my woodshop. This DB is shared via my iCloud account on both a Mac Mini and a MacBook Air. It appears that both of my Macs are indeed looking at the same file when opened.

The other day I edited my DB on the Mac Mini by simply stretching the width of a set of fields (titled Product Purchased) so that the text inside of those fields could be seen.

Today when I open my DB on my Mac Mini those fields no longer appear. When I open my DB on my MacBook Air, they show up as the “not so wide” fields like they were before editing. (See attached screenshots.) Both Macs are up to date with TF v.5.3.24 Build 1874.

Thanks, Dale.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 16, 2022 at 3:08 PM #46774

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dale,

Oh that’s odd. Ok, so if you drag them wider again, do they then sync back to the Mac mini? You may need to switch to a different form and back to see the refreshed layout.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 16, 2022 at 3:41 PM #46776

Dale Peterson
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Brendan. I think I originally edited the field size on my Mac Mini…but not 100% sure about that. And maybe that’s not important.

Here’s another strange thing. On my Mac Mini, the “Product Purchased” text is there but the main field with that same title disappeared, as mentioned in my original post. When I leave my green colored layout and click on the “Default Layout” button, then all fields appear.

I can certainly drag the four “Product Purchased” fields back into my layout from the field editor and start over fresh…but it seems as if this “field box deletion” will happen again in the near future…as this has happened in the past as well. Very strange indeed.

Getting out of my Wood Shop Database and going into another DB does not refresh my issue.

Thanks, Dale.

February 16, 2022 at 3:44 PM #46777

Dale Peterson
    Participant

Hang on…I just discovered something really bizarre. The “Product Purchased-1” (title and field) were found way off screen by scrolling beyond my normal viewing area.

So now I’m leaning towards PEBCAK. :)

Dale.

February 16, 2022 at 4:03 PM #46778

Dale Peterson
    Participant

So I’m not 100% convinced that this was indeed PEBCAK. It was just that one field that was sitting way off screen. It was a duplicate of some sort. Which is also very strange.

I’ve reinstalled all 4 “Product Purchased” fields fresh after removing those same fields before installing the new. This was done via my Mac Mini.

I’m going to see those settings hold and sync to my MacBook Air over the next few days. In the past, they have not.

Thanks, Dale.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.