Fields Disappear & ARE NOT in Recently Deleted Items list

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Fields Disappear & ARE NOT in Recently Deleted Items list

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

I’m using TapForms 5.3.17 across Mac desktop/laptop/iPad/iPhone. My problem is fields and data in fields disappearing and other fields spontaneously duplicating. I have checked the Recently Deleted Items list for missing fields, but they do NOT appear there.

DETAILS: For example, in the morning I pulled up my TO READ table in my READING db on my iPad, entered a record, had data I just entered disappear from the record as I was working on it, so I re-entered the data, then noticed that my “genre” field was duplicated—there were two of them, but only one would let me pick from the list to choose “non-fiction.” The other list icon was unresponsive. I closed out.

Then I went to my desktop Mac, opened TF and the same record was at first missing. So I synced. Then the record appeared, but the fields were empty except for the auto-generated “Record Added” (the date-created field) that showed I’d made the record that morning.

Then I noticed that I was back to having only one “Genre” field (yay!) but now a field called “Book Group Option” that is set up as a radio button (yes/no) field was entirely gone. Poof! Doesn’t show up on any records, when I run the query that existed for “Book Group Option”= YES I get no records up, and the field is NOT on the Recently Deleted Items list under the FILE menu.

I had a similar problem a few months ago when I was looking at the same READING db on my phone and my “Notes” field in the BOOK JOURNAL table was not visible. Later, at home, it reappeared on my desktop TF version.

EEEEKKKK! This really panics me.

January 6, 2021 at 1:46 PM #43087

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

I replied to your email on this issue already.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.