Fields are locked on Mac version

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Rachael Bermingham
    Participant

Apologies for the low level nature of this enquiry. I’ve only just started using Tap Forms to hold an inventory database. Everything was peachy until this afternoon on my Mac version when I started being unable to enter data in any field. The only way round it is to go to layout view and then back to data entry view when access is then ok. I’ve checked to see whether I’ve accidentally locked anything but nothing obvious pops up. It’s not the end of the world but it’s quite an irritating little problem.

January 29, 2021 at 10:21 PM #43319

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Two thoughts: check you haven’t ticked “Show Edit/Save button” in preferences and at the bottom of the “Form” details is an “Enable Access Controls” set of options that may lock things. I think you’d notice the Edit/Save button for the first thing but the access controls is a little less obvious.

January 30, 2021 at 1:53 AM #43322

Brendan
    Keymaster

Along with the Edit/Save button that Sam mentioned, also check to make sure you don’t have the Layout Inspector panel visible. If you do, click on the Layout button on the toolbar at the top of the window to dismiss it. You’ll be in data entry mode then.

January 30, 2021 at 2:31 AM #43323

Rachael Bermingham
    Participant

All sorted now. Thank you for excellent guidance from Sam and Brendan. Nite to self – don’t check boxes unless you know EXACTLY what they do!

January 30, 2021 at 9:47 PM #43336

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Experimenting with things is how we learn and understand things. Always keep a backup though :)

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.