Field Titles in New Layout

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Banks
    Participant

Suddenly, when I start a new layout, the field titles are not created. The box for Create Field Titles is checked. The field titles appear in the default layout but not in a new layout. When I drag a new field into the layout area, two blank boxes appear, and both can be moved around. When I clicking the layout area, the empty box that belongs to the title just disappears. The data field box behaves normally. This happens whether I am editing an existing document or creating a new one. I am stumped about what caused this. I have checked and unchecked and checked the Create Field Titles and have quit and reopened the app. No luck. I hope someone can get my titles generating themselves again. Thanks.

June 13, 2019 at 7:50 PM #35077

Brendan
    Keymaster

They’re there. The colour I probably just white. Change the colour of the labels by selecting them, then clicking on the colour swatch in the Text inspector bar at the top of the custom layout.

Once you’ve done that once, it’ll use whatever colour you selected for subsequent drags of fields onto your custom layout.

June 14, 2019 at 2:50 PM #35087

Tom Banks
    Participant

I guess I don’t understand. I check the box for Stroke Color (so I can find the labels box). Then I select that box and check the Fill Color swatch. (The data field remains unaffected). If I then choose a color other than white, the labels color does fill, but no letters are yet visible. If I uncheck the Fill Color swatch, the color goes away, but no letters are visible either. All the other controls affect the position or the stroke width. What am I missing?

June 15, 2019 at 12:29 PM #35101

Brendan
    Keymaster

It’s a different colour swatch picker than the one next to Stroke Colour. It’s the one on the Text Inspector toolbar that appears above the layout canvas area, below the tabs. If it’s not displaying, click the Aa button. That’s what toggles the Text Inspector toolbar. That lets you change the text colour. The Stroke and Fill Colours are what change the colour of the box around the label.

June 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM #35103

Tom Banks
    Participant

Bingo! Thanks again, Brendan.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.