Field Options not keeping when duplicating form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Field Options not keeping when duplicating form

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Mark Arguijo
    Participant

This may have been asked and answered before but I’ve searched and couldn’t find an answer to this question.

I’m creating a Tap Form from scratch and I set the field options for a particular field called Observations. The field type is Note and I set the Auto-Correction to be off, to show a 3 Lines Summary, and Export Field is off.

Now, when I duplicate this Tap Form so that I can keep my original “template” intact, I go and check the field options and Auto-Correction is back on, it shows a 5 Lines Summary, and the Export Field is on.

Will the Field Options not be saved when duplicating a Tap Form?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

September 17, 2014 at 9:24 PM #10832

Brendan
    Keymaster

Auto-Correction should copy fine, but you’re right, I was missing the code to copy over the number of lines and the export (print and email) options. I’ve just fixed that in my code. Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 17, 2014 at 9:43 PM #10836

Mark Arguijo
    Participant

Thank you so much for clearing that up…. I thought I was doing something wrong, missing a setting or something…. and thank you for such a quick response… and thanks one more time for such a great app. It’s made my and my colleague’s work so much more streamlined…

Mark

November 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM #11909

Lanny Stevens
    Participant

ive noticed today the following.
    ive created a number of forms , but when i beam them or email them to another idevice that some of the settings dont come through.
    examples are the Sort & Group Settings comes through as uncatagorized, Show Title on list View comes through unchecked, Thumbnail Size comes through as small.
    Is there something Im doing wrong?
    Ideall the forms would be identical to the original.

November 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM #11934

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lanny,

Can you please email me a sample form that should have those properties turned on but don’t come through on the other side?

Thanks,

Brendan

November 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM #11968

Lanny Stevens
    Participant

Hello Brendan.
    It seemed to be happening when I had created a new category.
    IE had “IMPORTANT” as a category on an iphone as well as on a Ipod touch.
    whnen the form (categorized as IMPORTANT)was beamed from iphone to the ipod touch it would receive it into uncategorized.
    I have since just began to use the “Business” category for sending forms out to other devices.
    This work around is not so bad, but thought it strange.
    I also tried it with another divice where I had deleted the Business category then created it again, the forms i beamed all went to uncategorized.
    Still a very nice app.
    Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.