Field Name Column has Black Background

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

After the update from Tap Forms 5.3.14 to 5.3.16, the field name column now has a black background. Is there a way to switch it back to white?

(Probably won’t be updating my old iMac until the M class iMacs are introduced. So I’m stuck at Mac OS High Sierra for now.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 24, 2020 at 1:29 AM #42715

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I believe this issue was triggered by a colour value that I used for that part that I didn’t realize would show up as black on old macOS versions. I tested it on Catalina and Big Sur and it looked perfect. But I didn’t have anything older to test it on, so it unfortunately did that.

I’ll be releasing an update shortly with a fix for this issue.

Sorry about this.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 24, 2020 at 12:32 PM #42716

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Hi Brendan!

No need to be sorry…again, you do amazing work on Tap Forms! It’s me that needs to change my iMac refresh habits from every 10 years to every 5 years. ;-)

Thanks for fixing this in the next release for us OS stragglers!

–Chris

November 27, 2020 at 12:01 PM #42742

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks for the quick update! The fields column in the Default Layout is back to normal for High Sierra. Surprising how such a little detail seemed so annoying to me.

November 27, 2020 at 2:19 PM #42744

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent! Oh I can definitely see how it would be annoying. It was just my use of the [NSColor windowBackgroundColor] value which seemed to be fine on Catalina and Big Sur, but obviously didn’t look good on older macOS versions. I changed it to a specific grey colour value to fix it.

November 28, 2020 at 3:03 AM #42745

patrick powell
    Participant

Well, that’s that mystery solved then. I came here specifically to post a query as to why that part of the pane is now black, assuming it was something I had done. Phew.

I must have updated without knowing it. I had tried everything, but couldn’t change it. For the record I am on High Sierra.

November 28, 2020 at 3:13 AM #42746

patrick powell
    Participant

PS Just after posting above I read that for one user the field is back to normal, presumably because an update has been posted. Sadly, mine hasn’t. Should I reboot or something?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 28, 2020 at 3:32 AM #42748

patrick powell
    Participant

Hi, me again.

I’ve just downloaded the update (5.3.17) and launched it and the black has gone, but the update hasn’t picked up on my license (which will be somewhere on my laptop). I thought it would do so automatically. Can you advise me? I don’t seem to have a record of my reg number. Thanks.

November 28, 2020 at 4:26 AM #42749

patrick powell
    Participant

Me again, sorry to be such a pain, but the good news is that the problem has been solved.

I had at first simply downloaded v5.3.17 and installed it, but the app demanded a license. I thought it would pick up on the fact that I had already bought one and paid for it. I was baffled and even Mac Product Key Finder Pro couldn’t find one which was odd. Even odder was that following your adice to look at the splash screen for the licence number (Brit spelling), there wasn’t one. Hmmm…

Then, for some reason, I went to the App Store and realised that was where I had first bought Tap Form 5. And there, too, was an ‘update’. Crossing my fingers that it was the one I wanted, I downloaded it, and hey presto, it was and the black went away.

So my advice to bods with the same problem, if you initially bought Tap Form 5 from the App Store, get the update. If you bought it elsewhere, the splash screen will probably have your licence number.

Sorry for inundating you with all these emails, Brendan, but for a while I was worried there. Patrick.

November 29, 2020 at 12:47 AM #42751

Brendan
    Keymaster

No worries. I’m glad you got the update Patrick.

The fact that I sell Tap Forms on the Mac App Store and directly on my website and one doesn’t need a license key and the other does is a bit of a confusing thing.

But I’m glad you worked it out.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.