Field history

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ju
    Participant

It would be great if you could include a function that would allow you to see previous field values (sorted by date / alphabetical / …); for example as a popup. Is that possible in principle?

Thanks in advance for an answer!

Kind regards
    Chris

February 11, 2019 at 1:31 PM #33731

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

The Mac version already has this feature. If you enable the “Use Auto-Complete” property on your Field, Tap Forms will take all of the values for that Field from all the records in the form and display a popup menu as you start typing in new values. The list of previous values will be shortened the more characters you type.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 11, 2019 at 11:57 PM #33735

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

thanks for your quick answer. I know this function with auto-complete. However, that’s not what I need. It would be useful for me to be able to track changes to a field sorted by date. I’m using TapForms with two persons. I would like to know, which changes were made by other person.

Kind regards
    Chris

February 12, 2019 at 1:22 PM #33738

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah I see. Sorry, Tap Forms was never designed to be a multi-user app, so there’s no field value history function in Tap Forms. Sorry about that. And sorry for my misunderstanding of the request.

February 12, 2019 at 11:46 PM #33741

Chris Ju
    Participant

Ok, but there does not have to be multi-user support. It is enough if previous field values could be displayed. That would be great if you could think about it in future versions…

Thanks a lot
    Chris

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.