Field editing broken in iOS

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

I see TapForms was updated on my iphone. As of today, fields cannot be edited for the most part. For example, I have date-time fields that default to the current date-time. If I try to change the value using the date-time selector, I cannot save the change because the Save button is disabled. I can change the value by the Now button, however. Note fields are also uneditable. The keyboard won’t even appear. I have not locked the database, in case that’s what you’re thinking! I can still create new records, but I cannot complete them by editing their fields.

April 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM #9799

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Cliff,

I’m just working on an emergency fix for this issue. I’ll be sending an update to Apple today.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM #9802

Frank Tikket
    Participant

After the update is submitted, will it be another 2.5 weeks until its released? Thats how long the last update took, just curious i rely on this for business…

April 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM #9805

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks for addressing this issue quickly.

-Cliff

April 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM #9806

Philip
    Participant

How can I safely roll back to 2.1.1 on Mac and work with 3.7.1 on iPad until the bugs are sorted out? I have a backup of the 2.1.1 application but I’m not sure if I have a backup of the database file itself. Will 2.1.1 read any database changes I made today in 2.2? I still have 3.7.1 on my iPad.

April 29, 2014 at 2:15 PM #9813

Brendan
    Keymaster

I have sent Apple the updated version for review. I have also requested an expedited review so hopefully if that’s granted to me, the 3.8.1 update will be out very soon. If not, then the usual time frame for an Apple review is about a week. It took a little while for the last update to come out because I was holding it back in order for the Mac version to get reviewed, which took them a little longer.

This one won’t be that long hopefully.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 29, 2014 at 2:17 PM #9814

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

I would suggest just hanging in there until 3.8.1 is released. But if you must go back to 2.1.1 today, then you will see your data that you have entered into version 2.2. There should be no problem with that. That’s not always the case, but I often run the old versions against a new database. Although one issue is if you have your database encrypted, the old version will not be able to read it. You should de-crypt it first.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 29, 2014 at 2:30 PM #9817

Philip
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

April 30, 2014 at 6:09 PM #9863

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Version 3.8.1 is now available on the App Store.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM #9866

Philip
    Participant

Great stuff, thanks. Installed on iPad and syncing works as expected again with Mac 2.2.

April 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM #9869

Cliff Tarrance
    Participant

All better! Thanks….

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.