Feedback to iOS version 3.9.1

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

czuch
    Participant

Hi there,

Nice work on 3.9.1, a couple of details that may have fallen through the cracks:

1) Search within a form capitalises the keyboard by default, global search does not. I personally prefer not capitalisation, but a setting would be nice.
    2) Search no longer has real-time auto suggest.
    3) Would be great to be able to go to a search result in context (i.e. once located, clicking on it and then going back to the form, you’d be placed in the position around the matched item in the search)
    4) Quick access to search within a form. If you are in the middle of scrolling down through your form, you have to scroll all the way up to search.

Thanks!

czuch

October 23, 2014 at 3:08 PM #11275

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Czuch,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Search should be case insensitive, so it shouldn’t really matter.
    2. I took that out because there were some performance problems with it, but I will see about putting it back in. I’ve had a few people complain about that change.
    3. I suppose it would have to do multiple searches then because Tap Forms only knows which record the search term was found in. Then when you tap on the record, it would have to transfer the search term over to the details screen and search again there to scroll you to the place. Although if it was in a large note for example, you would still have to tap on the note to find the text.
    4. I changed this because I added full rotation support to Tap Forms for iPhone. And when you rotated, if the search field was always visible, there was very little room if any for the records results to display.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.