Features

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Jason Monson
    Participant

Having just caught up with the fact BENTO is no more, I am looking at the premium version of tapforms, there is one feature which seems to be missing (or I cant find mention of) which I am specifically seeking – that is the ability to link to and play short video clips. even if it is limited to say a 10 second clip – this would be invaluable to me. is there any plans for such a field?
    Thanks
    Jason

December 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM #8191

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jason,

There’s no specific field for videos, but you can use a File Attachment field to reference videos. When you double-click on a video file, Tap Forms Mac will launch an app that will play them. Most likely the QuickTime Player.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM #8192

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, one more thing… with version 2.0 you can attach a file alias to a video somewhere on your hard drive or you can have Tap Forms copy the file into its own Attachments folder.

The benefit the file alias is that Tap Forms won’t use up any more space on your hard drive (other than for the alias file). The benefit of copying the file to the Attachments folder is that the video will be playable on the other devices you’re syncing with (including iOS devices). But of course it will take up a lot of space being a copy of the file.

In fact, it was another customer’s request which prompted me to add the support file aliases to the File Attachment field.

December 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM #8208

Jason Monson
    Participant

Thanks for the very prompt reply! I love it when I get service like that. I Probably should have said this at the start – I am working on an Ipad – any change to your comments? :)

December 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM #8211

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Well the next update for Tap Forms for iPad will support multi-file attachments, but not aliases. In any case, if you have the video on your iPad you can link to it, but at the moment not from the Photo Library. If you upload a video to Tap Forms using Dropbox or the built-in FTP or web servers, then you can use the File Attachment field to link to a video and it will play when you view it. I just haven’t added the ability to display the videos in your Photo Library to choose from.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM #8212

Jason Monson
    Participant

Thanks for that – good to know.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.