Feature request: text line spacing in custom layouts

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature request: text line spacing in custom layouts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Peter Laundy
    Participant

Sure would be nice. As a workaround, using a default linespacing of around 10% of type size rather than 0% would be an improvement (e.g. 1 point of spacing for 10 point type). Zero line spacing is way too tight for long paragraphs and even too tight for short lines like addresses.

November 26, 2018 at 2:42 PM #32136

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

In a Note field you can control this by editing the note field value on the Default Layout. The text inspector toolbar gives you access to the line height.

November 26, 2018 at 2:50 PM #32137

Peter Laundy
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks for the quick reply. It’s great that the capability is available for the Note field. As it happens, I am now working on a No. 10 envelope, and the items that are looking to have spacing that is too tight are both items I created by using the text tool to appear on all envelopes: the return address and a two line piece of promo copy.

So it would be great to have line height control with the custom layout type tool too. And if that is too difficult, a somewhat wider default that gives a bit of what we used to call leading between lines.

November 26, 2018 at 10:59 PM #32145

Brendan
    Keymaster

For now, as a workaround, you could copy text into the Text tool layout item that already has the right line spacing that you need. You could type that into a Note field, then copy it, then paste it into a Text object on your custom layout. I’ll see about getting the line height tool available directly.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.