Feature Request : Summary View

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

UWS_CIA
    Participant

Would be useful for checking the forms records, when records start exceeding 100…

Example of use:

I have a Movies Form to keep track of all my Titles, some are iTunes downloads, others are Blu-Ray & DVD.

This helps me when I purchase new Blu-rays to replace my DVDs, If iTunes was 1080 id bypass Blu-ray altogether.

The Summary View would show me the predefined search parameters created in the Edit Form View.

#1 – Count records where field:”Format” = “iTunes” would show a value & when selected it would then List all the records.

#2 – Count records where field:”Format” = null

This could tie into calculation fields too.

Id also like to use the “calculation field” to total how much I’ve spent on each format…

#3 – Total records where field:”Cost” != null

I hope you understood what I was trying to get at, and can expand & improve on the idea.

February 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM #3925

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello UWCS_CIA,

Yes, this is an often requested feature and is high up on my to-do list.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM #4923

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to bring up this request again. I’m also looking for this feature.

Greetings from Germany

Bernd

November 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM #4924

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Bernd,

Which aspect of the original poster’s request were you interested in? I have added calculation fields to Tap Forms now. But I haven’t added an advanced search (e.g. field:”Format” = null.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM #4927

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

I’m trying to create a flightbook for my hanggliding flights. So I’m interested to get some statistic information like …

– count of flights

– grouped by year, by pilot name

– sum of airtime

… and so on.

The idea is to get this statistic in a summary view.

Bernd.

November 13, 2011 at 8:35 PM #4931

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Bernd,

Hang gliding? Wow, that’s very cool! I thought about doing that when I was in university, but I couldn’t afford to buy my own hang glider after the initial lessons, so instead I took up skydiving for a while. It was so much fun!

Well, you can only have 1 calculation on the list view, so you could choose one such as Total (Air Time). And if you want to group by year, just add a Number field called Year and then on the form’s Group & Sort Settings, you could group by your Year field. Then maybe sort by pilot name.

Or maybe what you want is one record per pilot, then a Link to Form field which links to a Log Book form (one-to-many). Then for each pilot, add a separate log entry for them.

There’s a lot of ways you could organize this, that’s just a couple of suggestions.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.