Feature Request: Record List Maintains Current Position

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature Request: Record List Maintains Current Position

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Dave Emme
    Participant

iOS 5.3.4: When I exit viewing/editing a record, the records list in the Form has a tendency to jump back to the first record. A previous app left this list positioned at the just-viewed record in the list view (and highlighted). Very handy if 2 seconds later I remember something else I wanted to do with that same record; I don’t have to Find it again, just tap on it. Maybe an option, for the sake of people used to the current behavior?

March 18, 2019 at 11:29 AM #34042

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you have a Saved Search selected when this happens? There’s a bug which can cause the first row to be selected if you have a Saved Search selected.

I’ve fixed that for the next update.

Tap Forms should already remember the position the records list was in when you back out from the record details view.

March 18, 2019 at 11:34 AM #34045

Dave Emme
    Participant

I have Saved Searches defined in the Form, but it repositions even if not using one. I spyglass-search for a record (among 1700!), open the record, close the record, at which point the record is still “found”. But then Canceling out of the search causes the reposition of the list to the top.

March 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM #34049

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah I see. That’s different what you explained in the first post :)

Well hopefully that’s fixed for you in the next update too. I just tested it and if I search for a record, tap on it, come back to the list, then cancel the search term, it reloads the records list, but then jumps to the previously selected record. Not viewing the details, just positioning the last selected record so that it’s still in the visible area of the list.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 18, 2019 at 12:29 PM #34052

Dave Emme
    Participant

Ah I see. That’s different what you explained in the first post :)

I guess so, but then I did say “has a tendency to jump” :-)

Not viewing the details, just positioning the last selected record so that it’s still in the visible area of the list.

Perfect!

Which reminds me of another disconcerting behavior (still in Multi-Column view): Say I have a record selected in a Saved Search mode, or just in the “default” view mode. If I now change to a different Saved Search, Tap Forms switches to the “new” record list, then opens that previously-selected record. If that record is not in the “new” list, it opens the first record which is included. I always have to exit that record in order to get the new record list. I would rather that it would just switch record lists and stay in the list view (similar as you mention above).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.