Feature request; Notes field

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

First – great app – keep up the good work. And then;

After having lost most of a travel report written in a notes field due to an accidental delete all (if you delete all the notes is auto closed). I suggest to have the following buttons in the notes field (today there is only save button, that will save AND close notes):

Close: Button will save and close (as save button does today)

Save: That will save you input, but keep notes window open allowing continued work.

Undo: If you delete by accident you can get your deleted stuff back.

Also – if you delete all this should not close notes field.

Best regards

Carsten

November 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM #4936

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Carsten,

You can tap on the .?123 button on the iPad keyboard to bring up the Undo button.

What Delete All option are you referring to?

Thanks,

Brendan

November 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM #4937

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

Ha – never really noticed the Undo button on the keyboard – thanks for pointing that out…

The “delete all” comes from the standard “tap – select all – delete” combination. This will then delete all content of notes field, notes will auto close, and even the keyboard undo you mention will not bring back the deleted content.

Best regards

Carsten

March 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM #5152

dave
    Participant

May I humbly suggest a few more bits of functionality that would be very useful to me, spell check in notes fields, auto save upon exiting the field, and in the menu that you use for deleting records, can that option be lower on the list. I instinctively want to tap the first item on the list. Just me?

March 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM #5153

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Dave,

You can turn on auto-correct in the Notes field by editing the Notes field in the Edit Form area, then tapping on the Field Options area for the field you’re customizing, then flipping the switch for auto-correct.

Notes will be saved when you tap the Save button, but cancelled when you tap the back button. If you quit the app in the middle of writing a note, the note will be saved then too.

That’s the standard spot for any Delete operation on the iPhone and iPad.

You can also swipe to delete on the record list view one record at a time if you like.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM #5155

dave
    Participant

Thanks, and thanks for making this app. It’s really transforming the way we do our job.

Keep up the good work!

dave

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.