Feature request: more info in notes window titles

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Feature request: more info in notes window titles

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Bob Williams
    Participant

I frequently have multiple edit windows open for note or markdown fields, sometimes from the same record and sometimes from multiple records. One problem I keep running into is that I frequently confuse which window is for which notes field because there’s just not enough info in the title to differentiate. As an example, I have three windows open right now on note fields from three rows of a table, and all three are titled Notes - Occurrences – with Notes being the table field’s name and Occurrences being the form’s name, both of which are the same for all three fields/windows. Often when this happens, I end up closing and reopening all of them to straighten things out mentally.

To help, I try to position each window uniquely and then use position as a factor to identifying which window is which. However, this doesn’t get me very far because the main database windows are positionally tied to the edit windows: move the former, and the latter move with it, as though they’re one unit. So if I have multiple databases open at the same time (as I usually do), if I move one of the main windows so that I can better see something else, everything shifts and my spatial system breaks down.

Thus, I’d like to propose adding more information to the title of the edit windows. To ensure there’s always enough info to differentiate, you’d probably need to do something like <form name> - <record’s first sort value> - <field name> [- <row number>], with the last part only applying to table-ish-type fields. That’s probably a bit much, so some configurability would be nice. Ideally, you’d just have a place for me to specify this in the field properties, maybe using tokens or even a calculation/script. Then I could do cool things like mix static text with the DB name, the form name, other field’s values, or a particular table column’s value.

September 16, 2022 at 6:18 PM #47973

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feature request. I can see how in your usage of the Note field how this could be a challenge for you. I’ll consider your suggestions for a future version of Tap Forms. No guarantees though. But I’ll see how it goes with development priorities.

Thanks,

Brendan

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Brendan.
Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.