Feature Request: Lock Record

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

scneophyte
    Participant

Pretty self-explanatory. I’d like to be able to lock records after entry. I don’t want to activate the Edit/Save option…I want to lock, say all records from 2016.

Thanks!

January 23, 2017 at 2:46 AM #20857

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feature request.

You mean like a lock button on every record that lets you prevent editing of that record?

January 23, 2017 at 8:02 AM #20859

scneophyte
    Participant

Yes, essentially that.

Ideally I would be able to highlight multiple records, even if only in the MCLV, then pick “Read-only” from the context menu or the Records menu.

My records now span multiple years and I want to protect older records against accidental change / deletion.

February 19, 2017 at 10:09 AM #21208

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I would love (and need) this as well. Many thanks, Bob

February 26, 2017 at 2:36 AM #21265

Kelvin Williams
    Participant

I’d also like this. I am often inadvertently deleting data when selecting on my iPhone and have to come out and back without saving to recover the data. Makes me nervous.

October 1, 2017 at 1:54 AM #25003

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

that feature would be really really great!

Thanks in advance!

Yours
    Chris

August 4, 2018 at 12:57 AM #30183

Chris Ju
    Participant

Are there any news on this topic?

August 4, 2018 at 2:24 AM #30185

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, I have not worked on this kind of feature exactly. On the iOS version you can disable record editing, but that’s for all records, not for specific records.

August 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM #30394

John Wiggins
    Participant

Yes, that would nice to have on MacOS. It would help us klutzes to be able to switch from ‘read-only’ to ‘edit’ mode on a whole Form or Document. I worry about accidently changing a Check Mark field, or deleting an entire text field without noticing in time to “Undo”.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.