Feature Request: Language selection

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

czuch
    Participant

Hi there,

It would be great if Tap Forms 5 allowed the user to select the app’s language independently from the currently active iOS or macOS language.

Thanks,

czuch

February 18, 2018 at 12:09 PM #27408

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking of doing this actually. But in the past 2 years or so of Tap Forms 5, I’ve only had this request twice. Once from you and once from another customer.

Do you often run the OS in one language and then run specific apps in another language?

What language do you prefer to use with Tap Forms?

Thanks!

Brendan

March 24, 2018 at 6:26 AM #27968

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Sorry for the late reply. I very often combine languages depending on the nature of the application. So in my particular case I run iOS in German but prefer to use English verbs and actions for certain app types like Tap Forms, since English is particularly efficient at describing actions and options.

Thanks!

Czuch

March 24, 2018 at 11:07 AM #27969

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Czuch,

Do many of your other apps allow you to specify a different language from the system selected language?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 24, 2018 at 1:44 PM #27973

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

No, not many. Off the top of my head 1password and a couple of specialized apps. I think the main issue here is one of pseudo-technical language. Certain terms (“field”, “form”, “layout”) simply do not translate well into other languages and therefore some of us prefer to avoid the translated version.

Thanks!

Czuch

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.